All In A Day's Work:

At the stroke of Noon, we took care of Nadage's Eye of Horus. I love Egyptian work...I have a lot myself. Bring me more!!


Then around 2pm, we started Matt's half sleeve by tattooing him for three and a half hours. He's requested a realistic sugar skull sleeve. I dig it! I know a lot of artists start out by doing the entire outline first, but when I can, I prefer to go sections at a time. When you tattoo realistically like this, there isn't a traditional black outline to work with; so, going section by section, there is something completed for all to see. Otherwise, it would just be a tangle of mutli-colored lines that wouldn't do a thing for Matt or my title as "artist". Haha. Obviously, all artists work differently...this is just how I prefer to do things. It also cuts down on the time in between sessions. I won't tattoo the same area again until the piece is completely healed...usually 4 weeks. By tattooing in sections, Matt could come in tomorrow and work on a different area instead of waiting a whole month! Over the next few sessions, we'll throw in some more flowers, candles, and at least one more painted skull. So excited!






Brynn got her first tattoo in seven years this evening. She's planning on being back in here by the end of the month! I've always been fond of doing lettering tattoos....



Natalie came in (w/ Brynn) to get her very first tattoo. She did a great job. We did this adorable dandelion clock on her. I didn't even know what the term "dandelion clock" meant until yesterday. Hooray for Learning!!



Just another Saturday! And now I'm off to find some dinner...maybe a movie or more episodes of Law & Order (or Bones). Hope you all have a good night. I'll be back in here tomorrow afternoon for an appointment at 4pm if you would like to come in for a consultation.

Toodles!